Lapped Front Baby Hoodie (0-3 months) – FREE sewing pattern
[UPDATE – the blog article is still live for this pattern, but the pattern download has been switched to private by the owner. It appears the site has been abandoned and this pattern is no longer available. We hate it when that happens, this was such a great pattern, but sadly it is outside of our control. You might find something else you like here – Boys TOPS sewing patterns and Girls TOPS sewing patterns.]
Sew Modern Kids are very pleased to share with you a FREE pattern for a lapped front hoodie for babies 0-3 months old, from Leafy Treetop.
This really is the sweetest little sweatshirt. You will absolutely love this sweatshirt for a newborn. The lapped front, allows you to pull the sweatshirt off and on with ease. No zippers, no buttons, no snaps. Easy on, easy off, and a relatively happy baby (what baby really loves having their clothes changed).
This sweatshirt pattern is gender neutral so whether you are sewing for John or Johanna this pattern will be just what you need. The designer made a really basic sweatshirt with the materials that she had on hand, but you could really dress it up with pockets, buttons, trims, etc.
These sweatshirts are perfect for fall, winter, and spring babies. The designer says – you should do your best to try to match up those cuffs when sewing the sleeves. It looks so cute with the contrast cuffs and bottom band.
What you will need to make the Lapped Front Baby Hoodie
- 1 yard of sweatshirt fleece. This was the designer’s estimate, you can always use a remnant piece
- Ribbed Knit for armbands, and waistband
- Lining pieces can be cut out of contrast knit fabric if desired
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
OUR VERY BEST PATTERNS
Looking for the best of the best kid’s sewing patterns? This article is one of the TOP 20 Most Visited on the Sew Modern Kids site in the last 12 months. Here is the full list of our Top 20 most popular patterns:
- 20+ Girls Dresses (free)
- Blitzen booties slippers newborn to adult with video
- Reversible baby romper newborn to 6 years
- Toms inspired baby and toddler shoes (free)
- Baby Sleep Sack (free)
- Double-Sided Fabric Headband (free)
- Adorably soft baby scratch mittens (free with video)
- Newborn Baby Gown (free)
- Maggie’s Stay-On Baby Booties (0-24 months)
- DIY Baby Swing (free)
- Girls Dress with Peter Pan Collar (6mths-3yrs) (free)
- Bunny Rabbit and Bear Stuffed Animal Doll
- Lapped front baby hoodie 0-3 months (free)
- Toddler Bucket Hat (free)
- Reversible Zen A-Line Dress – any size (free)
- The Cutest Baby Shoes, Boots, and Slippers (Best 20)
- Sydney pinafore dress 12mths – 4T (free)
- Happy Hobby Horse
- Knit Baby Leggings (free)
- House Dress (free)