All articles may include affiliate links
This is the Essential Coverall (footie and cuff style) pdf sewing pattern from the designer Brindille And Twig.
The essential coverall has a few different styles to choose from, you can make it super simple and minimal or add all the options!
This pattern comes in many sizes from preemie all the way up to 6T.
The designer rates her project as suitable for confident beginner sewers.
The designer recommends the snap inseam for all styles. You can omit the snaps and only do the back opening if the size is smaller than 24 months but in any larger sizes, the snaps cannot be omitted.
What’s needed to make an Essential Coverall:
- Knit fabric for the main fabric. The designer recommends a medium-weight jersey knit,
- Knit fabric for the cuffs. The designer likes using lightweight ribbing fabric or a medium-weight stretchy jersey,
- Snaps for the inseam. 4-9 sets depending on the size. Suggested snap size is 14. or 5/16″ or 8mm,
- Elastic for the waist – 1/4″ wide. Measurements in the tutorial range from 6″ to 10″,
- Sewing machine. Or you can use an overlock machine/serger. But if you don’t own one, you can use a small zig-zag stitch in place of the serged seam.
This pattern has a layers option as well as an A0 option and there are projector files.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here to get the pattern