Madeleine Pouches sewing pattern
The gifted designer of this latest sewing project named her creation the Madeleine Pouch.
She has produced two patterns for the price of one. One pattern will make a pencil case while the second pattern will make a cosmetics bag. The pouches are both simple and quick to make and can be made by bag makers of all skill levels.
The pouches are suitable for many purposes and are great to be made as gifts. The ideal back-to-school bag for kids to keep their pens and pencils. Equally welcome as cosmetics bags for teens. They are a great scrap-buster project whose main feature is the flat-bottom which is not only attractive but also adds stability to the pouches.
When finished the Madeleine Pouches will measure approximately:-
- Pencil Case = 3½” high by 9½” long by 2½” wide at the bottom.
- Cosmetic Bag = 6” high by 9½” long by 3” wide at the bottom.
When you purchase this digital pattern you will receive eighteen pages of a complete step-by-step tutorial and five pages of pattern tiles that need to be assembled. Seam allowances are included in the pattern.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE MADELEINE POUCHES
- ¼ yard of cotton fabric,
- ¼ yard of coordinating or contrast fabric,
- ¼ yard of light or medium weight cotton fabric for the lining,
- ¼ yard of medium-thickness fusible fleece or batting (one side is fusible),
- ¼ yard of medium-weight fusible interfacing,
- One 12 inch zipper for the cosmetic bag and one 11 inch zipper for the pencil case (preferably plastic zippers with big teeth for better proportion),
- One swivel hook (optional if you want to add a wrist strap),
- One small D-ring (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This post was originally shared on our sister site sewmodernbags.com on the 17th of September 2019 HERE.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.