If you want to make your little guy a pair of Boxer Briefs then we have a great pattern for you here, click below. These Boxer Briefs have all the style, fit, and comfort of the men’s version. The pattern comes in sizes from 2T up to 14. Making your own undies really does give you a lot of choice when it comes to fabric used, style and fit. Grabbing things off the rack doesn’t always lead to a good fit or a comfy fit, but being able to sew from your own pattern means his undies can have all the features and fit he likes best.
The designer has given you lots of options to give your little guy what he wants:
1) Long Length or Short Length
2) Exposed Elastic Waistband or Enclosed Elastic Waistband
3) Functioning Fly or a Non-Functioning Fly
4) High Waist or Regular Waist Option
5) Also included is a bonus fly technique that encloses all the fly seams for those who like a clean look or for those who have sensitive kids.
You will need at least 1/2 yard of knit fabric up to the size 8 and 5/8 yard for the larger sizes. You need knit fabrics with at least 25% stretch but 50% is comfy too, and you can use a smaller size and fabric with more stretch if he prefers a closer fit.