Summer Days Dress sewing pattern (Baby to 6yrs)
Here’s the Summer Days Dress sewing pattern. It’s a classic shoulder strap sundress with four design variations, as follows:-
- Dress A offers a tailored look with a pointed collar and piping at the waist.
- Dress B features a sweet bow collar. So cute, and fairly easy to sew.
- Dress C is topped off with a fun, flouncy ruffle at the neckline.
- Dress D adds ruffles to the shoulder straps – so popular & so cute!
This fun dress sewing pattern has lots of great features as follows:-
- Comfortable fit for those warm summer days.
- In cooler weather, it can be worn with a knit top and leggings underneath.
- The dress is knee-length with a zipper in the back seam.
- A pattern for panties is included for the smaller sizes: 6 months, 12 months & size 2 – to help cover up those little diapers. The panties have elastic at the waist and legs.
The pattern includes 7 sizes, as follows:-
- 6 months,
- 2 months,
- 2 years,
- 3 years,
- 4 years.
- 5 years,
- 6 years.
The designer, The Freckled Pear, rates her project as suitable for a mid-level sewer, where sewing experience is suggested. It would be a quick project for the more experienced seamstress. For the fabric, she suggests you use light or medium weight woven fabrics or quilting cottons.
The pattern includes very detailed instructions with 36 illustrations/photographs. Pattern templates are provided for all pattern pieces. Seam allowances are included on the pattern pieces.& The pattern includes a photo tutorial with 18 color photographs showing all the steps for a centered zipper installation. The tutorial is included in the purchase but can be downloaded as a separate file. It’s set up so that you can print out the first file which includes the pattern pieces, text instructions, and illustrations; the zipper tutorial file is for you to view, on your computer.
You can save the pattern to your computer and you can reprint it for a different size at any time. The file containing the pattern pieces and written instructions illustrations can be printed on a home desktop printer using standard 8.5″ by 11″ or A4 paper. It is not necessary to print the file containing the zipper tutorial, you can just view it on your computer. You can preview the PDF file/s before printing. There are different style options pattern piece sizes and it is not necessary to print every page.
If you would like to download the pattern then you can click on the button below.