Dungarees and Pinafore Dress sewing pattern (Ages 3 to 10)
This is the Dungarees and Pinafore Dress pdf sewing pattern from the designer Ruth Maddock Makes.
If you have a girl then you can make her the dungarees and/or the pinafore dress, while if you have a boy then then the dungarees are just perfect.
This sewing project is actually suitable for children with sensory issues. The adaptive clothing features for your Sensory Child are:-
- The straps have elastic so your child should be able to pull on and off without undoing the knot or buckle.
- The pocket can be used to store special toys.
- The seams are all worked inside out so no scratchy seams or labels.
- You can use a soft fabric suitable for your child, or a pre owned fabric to avoid that ‘new’ feeling.
Please note that the embroidered applique design for a tool kit or bunny and flowers is optional and comes as a separate template and instructions.
This pattern is for children from age 3 to 10 years (8 sizes) as follows:-
- 3 years,
- 4 years,
- 5 years,
- 6 years,
- 7 years,
- 8 years,
- 9 years,
- 10 years.
What’s needed to make a Dungarees and Pinafore Dress:-
- Medium weight cotton fabric, such as denim, canvas or corduroy by 145 cm wide. For the Dungarees – 1.5 to 2.3 metres. For the Pinafore – 1 to 1.5 metres.
- Optional dungaree hooks and buttons.
- Small piece of 3 cm wide elastic.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
If you wish to include the embroidered applique, the designer says that you will need washable felt, bondaweb, and a selection of embroidery threads. You will also need two buttons for the flowers.
With this pdf download full photographic instructions are included together with the pattern for instant download in the following digital formats:
- to print at home in A4/US letter format.
- A0 to print at you local copyshop.
- projector file for cutting out via a projector image.
If you would like to download the pdf pattern you can click on the blue button below.