BOYS Classic Button Down Shirt sewing pattern (ages 1-14 years)
This classic button-down shirt for boys is an Etsy “Best Seller” pattern, which you can download below.
This super cool and urban-inspired classic button-down shirt is a real gem and has the following features:-
- A collar and a collar stand,
- An integrated front button placket, which makes it up to date,
- The cuffs are buttoned and have the traditional gentleman’s closure,
- The back yoke is lined with contrast fabric,
- The back has two pleats to allow for movement,
- It’s made comfortably loose with a longer curved back and shorter front,
- It can be finished with buttons or snaps.
You are most likely looking at the pictures of this shirt and all the details and thinking there is no way you know how to sew a shirt. The first time I sewed one I thought so too. But it’s the same as every other sewing pattern. Be organized, take it a small step at a time, sew carefully, and before you know it, you’ve sewn your first shirt. After that, it’s so much easier to make the next and the next. If you thought it was all too difficult then you must think again and watch the three videos below. It’s easy once you know-how.
The pattern comes in lots of sizes from age 1-2 up to 12-14 all saved as individual files, so you won’t have to worry about cutting the wrong lines. This listing includes both Letter size and A4 format as a zip file plus a German version too.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PATTERN