Puppy and Monkey Costume FREE sewing pattern (Size 2T)
This is the Puppy and Monkey Costume FREE pdf sewing pattern from the designer Sew A Little Seam. Please note that these animal costume patterns only come in one size – 2T.
The pattern includes pieces to make a puppy or a monkey, but you could experiment and make a variety of costumes!
These costumes are just perfect for Halloween or why not just use them as a fun dress-up day.
So have you got any puppy fur in your stash or will you need another excuse to visit the fabric store?
The designer has included pattern pieces from the monkey costume she made for her daughter last year. Please note that she doesn’t have detailed photos for the monkey sections, but it’s pretty easy to follow. You could also make pretty much any animal with this. She used the same design to also make her son a polar bear a few years ago.
This 2T pattern size will fit a chest size of 20.5″, a hip size of 20″, and a height of 33″ to 36″.
What You will need to make a Puppy or Monkey Costume:
- Free 2T pattern,
- 9″ or longer all-purpose zipper cut to 9″. (Cut from the bottom of the zipper if you need to shorten),
- 1-yard of faux fur or similar fabric,
- 3/8 yard contrasting faux fur for spots, tail, and ears,
- 1/4 yard stretch fleece for leg and sleeve cuffs and neck and hood binding. The designer used a matching color for the hood and neck binding and a contrasting fabric for the cuffs,
- Fusible midweight interfacing cut into a 1.5″ by 10.5″ rectangle,
- A small amount of fiberfill,
- Velcro in a color that matches your hood binding,
- A good vacuum cleaner (The designer says this stuff sheds worse than a real dog!),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This is a pdf pattern and not a finished costume!
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below. You can read the FREE tutorial HERE.
Click here for the FREE pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.