All articles may include affiliate links
This is the BONNIE WEE Kilt Girls Skirt pattern.
It’s a new, modern, and trendy version of this simple, Scottish inspired kilt skirt.
It’s been designed for tartan plaid fabrics, but it can be sewn with any fabric, including solid-colored fabric.
The design of this cute wrap skirt is special because the knife pleats are regular (not basted, not topstitched, just pinned) so you can make pleating much easier!
ALL sizes have their own number of regular pleats!!
The kilt has a high waistband with a handmade belt or a purchased belt to add a colored and cute touch.
The designer, Puperita, has made an incredible fourteen different pattern sizes, from birth up to 10 years old. Each of the sizes is as follows:
- Newborn-birth, 22” (56cm) height,
- 3 months, 25” (64cm) height,
- 6-9 months, 28” (72cm) height,
- 12 months, 32” (80cm) height,
- 18 months, 34” (86cm) height,
- 2 years, 36″ (92cm) height,
- 3 years, 38 1/2” (98cm) height,
- 4 years, 41” (104cm) height,
- 5 years, 43 1/4” (110cm) height,
- 6 years, 45 3/4” (116cm) height,
- 7 years, 48” (122cm) height,
- 8 years, 50 1/2” (128cm) height,
- 9 years, 52 3/4” (134cm) height,
- 10 years, 55” (140cm) height.
The designer’s fabric choices are as follows – medium weight cotton, Corduroy, lightweight wool, wool blends, Denim.
The pdf pattern details are as follows:-
- SIZE Chart and FINISHED Measurements are included,
- CUTTING Layouts on 44” (110 cm) and 60” (150 cm) fabrics are included,
- A seam allowance is included in the diagrams,
- Step by step instructions,
- No serger is required,
- The PDF file is printable with both A4 and US letter (8.5 by 11 inches) size paper,
- Measurements are in INCHES and CM,
- English Instructions. Diagrams in 4 languages (English, French, Spanish, and Italian),
- The lowest number of pages to adhere. Overview table.
- Full-size pattern,
- Pdf numbered pages.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern