Insulated Snow Pants FREE sewing tutorial
This is the Insulated Snow Pants FREE sewing tutorial from the designer Sew Can Do.
When it’s cold and there is snow on the ground these Insulated Snow Pants are perfect to keep your young ones warm. And the designer says they can be made in less than one hour.
Snow pants are a must, but good, toasty warm ones can cost a lot so the designer thought up an easy way to make those cozy, designer-style, insulated snow/ski pants for much less!
- One yard of Anti-pill/Micro Fleece, which makes a cuddly, hardwearing lining,
- One yard of Thermal Batting, (traditionally used for making hot pads). It adds the critical insulate so the warmth stays in and cold stays out,
- One yard of PUL (polyurethane laminate), a laminated polyester traditional used for making cloth diapers – ideal because it’s waterproof,
- One yard of 1″ wide non-roll elastic, which resists rolling and twisting to keep the cuffs and waistband in place,
- A pattern for pajama or loose fitting elastic waist pants*,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
One yard of each material is enough to make a pair of Insulated Snow Pants up to about an 8 year old sizing. If you want to make a lot smaller or larger, follow your pattern’s yardage guide and adjust accordingly.
The designer says that all these materials can be found at chain fabric stores. Personally, however, the designer finds the best selection of PUL prints and amp and fleece; colors is online though, so checking out diaper sewing shops will find you some amazing prints and for solids.
The pants pattern the designer used had a single piece for each leg. If yours has two (a front and a back), just overlap the side seams by the amount of the seam allowance to make a single leg piece – it saves time! Since these will be going over regular clothing, choose one size up from the pant size usually worn on the sides of the pattern for the best fit (leaving waist and length the usual size).
If you would like to download the FREE tutorial you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the FREE sewing tutorial
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.